To achieve this, the Cairngorms Campaign will:
• provide a focus for the local, national and international passion for the natural and cultural environment of the Cairngorms and concern for their future;
• represent that passion to a wide public, to government and its key managing agencies, particularly the Cairngorms National Park Authority, and to other organisations and groups in pursuing the conservation of the Cairngorms within a framework of sustainable development;
• bring and develop a wide, long term and, where necessary, countervailing national and international perspective, drawing on national and international experience and sound scientific, social and economic insight;
• pursue positive initiatives supportive of such agencies and parties but where necessary be a constructive critic, not hesitating to be innovative, challenging and pioneering;
• pursue those ends through such methods as education, publicising, research, and dialogue with other stakeholders.
• Within the Cairngorms National Park, be the conscience of the Park and a critical friend of the Park Authority and other relevant agencies.